Why Invest with Black Creek Group?
We are Deeply Invested in Real Estate
At Black Creek Group, we invest in real estate from the ground up, building by building, scrutinizing and managing every aspect of every investment and seeking to create value for our shareholders.
For more than 25 years, Black Creek’s investment professionals have developed, acquired, operated, financed and sold commercial and residential real estate in the United States and Mexico through a wide range of investments, all of which capitalize on our experience as real estate developers.
Real Estate Operators With Development Expertise
We take a rigorous, hands-on approach that benefits from proximity to our real estate investments.1
Expertise Across Property Types
We invest across the four major property types. A real estate industry professional manages each property type, and is supported by fully integrated due diligence, finance, acquisitions, asset management, accounting and reporting teams.
Chairman of the Board
- Chairman of the Board, Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Former President and Chief Executive Officer of Equity Office Properties Trust until its acquisition by the Blackstone Group in February of 2007
- Worked with EOP’s chairman, Sam Zell, for over 16 years acting as, among other roles, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer. Supervised more than $11 billion in financing transactions at Equity Group Investments, Inc.
- Held positions with Barclays Bank PLC and The First National Bank of Chicago
- B.A. Wichita State University; MBA University of Texas
Chairman of Investment Committee
- Chairman of Investment Committee, Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Board Member, Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Manager of Black Creek Diversified Property Advisors LLC, the advisor to Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Manager of BCI IV Advisors LLC, the advisor of Black Creek Industrial REIT IV Inc.
- Manager of Industrial Property Advisors LLC, the advisor to Industrial Property Trust Inc.
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Mexico Retail Properties
- B.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
President, Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Partner, Chief Executive Officer, Black Creek Group
- President, Black Creek Industrial REIT IV Inc.
- President, Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- 26-year tenure at Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Former Head of Investment Products and Services, Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Former Head of Global Capital Markets, Institutional Securities, Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Former Member, Firm Management Committee, Morgan Stanley & Co.
- A. Business Economics and Organizational Behavior & Management, Brown University
Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Executive Officer, Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Chief Executive Officer, Industrial Property Trust Inc.
- Chief Executive Officer, Black Creek Industrial REIT IV Inc.
- Head of Real Estate U.S., Black Creek Group
- Former Chief Executive Officer, Industrial Income Trust Inc.
- Former Chief Investment Officer, Stockbridge Capital Group LLC
- Former Managing Director, RREEF Funds
- While at RREEF, served on the investment committee and was involved in approving approximately $13 billion in commercial real estate transactions, and started CalSmart, a $1.2 billion value-add real estate investment fund with CalPERS
Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer
- Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer — Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Joined Black Creek in 2005
- 18 years experience in commercial real estate investing
- Previously served as Portfolio Manager in the Real Estate Investment Group for Public Employees’ Retirement Association of Colorado
- Additional management experience includes the Capital Markets Group at Sonnenblick Goldman Company
- B.A. and M.P.A., University of Texas — McCombs School of Business and CFA Charterholder
Managing Director, Head of Asset Management
- Managing Director, Head of Asset Management
- Former Senior Vice President, Head of Asset Management, Industrial Income Trust Inc.
- Former Vice President and Director of Leasing and Marketing, AMB Property Corporation
- Additional management experience at RREEF, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and The Seeley Company / Colliers International
Managing Director, General Counsel and Secretary
- Managing Director, General Counsel and Secretary
- Former Partner at Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, P.C. and chairman of the firm’s Associate and Recruiting Committees
- Former Co-Chairman and Treasures for Michael Hancock’s successful campaigns of Mayor of Denver in 2011 and 2015
- Received his undergraduate degree in economics and political science from Trinity University in Texas, magna cum laude, and law degree from University of Colorado School of Law, named to the Order of the Coif
Managing Director, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
- Managing Director, Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer, Black Creek Diversified Property Fund Inc.
- Managing Director, Head of Debt Capital Markets for all Black Creek Group U.S. affiliates
- Former Project Executive, Urban Villages, Inc.
- Former Vice President, Goldman Sachs
- Former Associate Portfolio Manager, Archon Group, a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs
- Bachelors of Business Administration degree from Southern Methodist University and a Masters of Business Administration from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
1 Represents the total cost of real estate projects and loans secured by real estate acquired and/or developed by Black Creek Group, its affiliates and its direct and indirect owners, including John Blumberg, James Mulvihill and Evan Zucker, from inception through March 31, 2018.
2 Property not owned by DPF.